Remember the cartoons where a main character would be faced with a choice and a little angel and a tiny devil would appear, one on each shoulder, the devil giving destructive advice and the angel offering encouragement and constructive ideas?
Well, I’m working on something that I’m intending to be the real-life, audio version, of the angel. Because every single day, you’re faced with situations that you have to choose how you’re going to respond to, and I want to be a voice in your ear reminding you of how you can rise to the occasion.
I’m so jazzed to announce the imminent arrival of How to Be a Better Person, the podcast. Can I get a woot woot?
It will be a very short (5 minutes or so) daily podcast with one simple thing you can do in the next 24 hours to be the change you wish to see in the world.
I’m targeting a launch date of September 16th, and it will be available on iTunes and all the usual places you find podcasts, as well as on Alexa as a flash briefing. And yes, it’s daily.
Why a podcast?
- I think it’s so cool that more and more people every year are actively seeking ways to be a better person—it became the most popular New Year’s resolution for the first time in 2017, and Google searches for “be a better person” have been rising steadily since 2004. I want to be part of that groundswell.
- After all, I just so happened to have written a book about it.
- And my new year’s resolution this year was “speak up.” And uh, yeah, a daily podcast requires a lot of that!
- And while I love podcasts, I only have so much time to listen to them, so doing one in a really short format is exciting to me. You can listen every day, or, when you do get a half-hour or so, you can catch up on a several.
- And guess what….in the year between now and the next presidential election we are going to have so many temptations to get judgy, or snarky, or depressed, or overwhelmed, or paralyzed, or furious, and if you can go into it feeling a little more clear-headed and big-hearted maybe there will be fewer Facebook fights. =)
If you would be interested in sharing the How to Be a Better Person podcast with the people in your orbit (whether with a Facebook post, a newsletter mention, an Instagram story, or what have you), please, respond to this email and let me know! I’ll send you some stuff you can copy and paste to help me get the word out about it. Thank you in advance for even considering it!